My Favourite (and Affordable) Brow Products

by - 16:13

My Favourite (and Affordable) Brow Products | Amaze In Style

I've always payed a lot of attention to my brows, even before I started to wear makeup. As a teen, my brows were pretty good, they were never thick or anything like that, but they had their own shape and they were growing, slowly but surely. I never went through any crazes when it came to maintaining them, never even wanted anything besides tweezers to take care of them. I remember that back when I started wearing some makeup in high school (and we're talking about mascara, concealer and chapstick as a whole "look" here), I used to always put some clear brow gel in my brows to help them stay in place. 

As I grew up and started to play more and more with makeup, I finally figured out what I wanted from my brows. I quite enjoy the natural look, so I never tried any pomades, fearing they'd be too harsh. I prefer to have a more precise tail, fill in any gaps I might have and I prefer to keep the beginning of my brows quite diffused and fluffy, just like you see on my Instragram pictures. Despite having tried brow powder products in the past, I still believe a pencil is the best product to mimic brow hairs and give me my desired look. For over a year now, I've been obsessed with Nyx's Micro Brow Pencil. For 8,90€, you get a decent spoolie and enough product to last you a year (with daily use, for me at least). I started out with the shade Expresso, which is my perfect shade match when I have my natural hair colour. Currently, I'm using Brunette, which matches my ginger hair since the brown shade has a red/warm undertone, while Expresso was more of a dark ash brown shade.

While I don't really have a hard time with the longevity of my brow products, I still prefer to use a brow gel to make sure everything stays in place, plus it helps making your brows even fuller. I've always enjoyed using Essence's Make Me Brow in Browny Brows, the dark brown shade available in the range. For 3,19€, it gives you some extra fullness to your brows, it keeps the hairs in place and it helps the pencil blend in nicely. Also, on days when I'm feeling particularly lazy, I can get away with skipping on the pencil and just applying this gel a bit more heavy handed without things getting too crispy for my liking, but still helping my brows look good.

If you're not looking for the Instagram super structured brow look, these products will be right up your alley, especially if you're hoping to save some bucks along the way. The brow pencil is actually quite soft, so even beginners can get away with making a few mistakes along the way because they're very easy to fix right away. However, that's what will also make it less ideal for those of you looking for super defined brows, since you won't get the kind of crisp line you're hoping for. The brow gel, however, will be good for everyone, since it does the job better than higher priced ones out there. In my opinion, even those of you blessed with full brows will enjoy using it to keep things in place all day!

Don't forget to let me know your thoughts on these if you've ever tried them out and also let me know what are your favourite brow products, be it drugstore or high end!

You May Also Like

0 comments