Fall Transition Day To Night Look

by - 09:30

If you're anything like me and you're constantly on a budget, splurging on jewellery isn't one of your top priorities, especially when there's so much choice in the market. For a beginner to higher end jewellery, it's hard to pick a place to start, but I believe starting with a more conscious brand is the best way to splurge, because you're not only splurging on yourself, but also helping others at the same time. AUrate New York is a jewellery company that focuses on what really matters in this line of business: durable materials, transparent pricing, sustainable production, and tangible giving. They focus a lot on giving back with their 'A Book for Your Look' program (which you can learn more about here) and their pieces are very minimalistic yet sophisticated, right up my alley.

I'll admit, when I sat down to write up this post, I wasn't sure I would be up for the challenge. As I mentioned at the start, I'm not able to splurge on jewellery in my day to day life. My monthly budget is always very packed and most of the times I have to give up luxuries like expensive clothing, makeup or jewellery for the sake of affording the essentials. However, as I grow older, I also find myself preferring quality over quantity. I drift more towards one pair of trusty Zara boots instead of a cheaper Primark alternative. I invest on a Too Faced bronzer instead of a cheaper Rimmel alternative. Mind you, I'm not saying you can't find affordable little gems out there! I'm a very firm believer you don't have to splurge on every single thing in your life, but it is worth it if you consider how much use you'll get out of that one higher end item.

So when I started thinking about this (and I mean really give it some serious thought), I realised splurging on a necklace would be worth it, as long as the necklace was there for me for many years to come. And, of course, if it also meant I could help others with my purchase, the better. That's the main reason why I decided to share with you this little day to night look, because I know there's others out there like myself, who wouldn't usually splurge on something like this and maybe you need to know this brand to finally take the plunge and pay forward as well.

When it comes to jewellery, I'm a very simple gal. I'm very fussy with rings and I often find them more of a hassle than a perk (plus my job isn't very ring friendly), so they never became my thing, even though I always envied those who were able to wear them so effortlessly. Overall, if it goes anywhere near my wrists or fingers, I'm not the biggest fan. I'm just fussy like that! Necklaces, on the other hand, are my everything. I love chokers, like most of us in our twenties nowadays, and I love a good classic necklace as well. So when I started browsing AUrate's website, looking for the perfect one to feature in this post, their Flower Necklace seemed perfect. It has just enough detail to make it stand out, but since it's still very small and simple, it fits my minimalist aesthetic perfectly. However, if necklaces aren't your thing, you should check out their earrings collection!

For the day time look, I decide to go for something very feminine and sweet. It'd be perfect for uni or even work during the fall and it combines all of my favourite things: skirts, oversized sweaters and boots! If skirts aren't part of your dress code, you could always switch it up with some printed and flowy palazzo pants or some cullotes.
"AUrate - Day Look" by amazeinstyle on Polyvore featuring Free People, H&M, Chloé, auratenewyork and aurate
For the night time look, I chose something a little bit more relaxed. Personally, I'm not a big club hopper, so for me a night out will usually mean a fancy dinner and this outfit is perfect for that. The wide leg pants are comfortable enough to walk around all evening, but the fabric of the top and the clean cut pumps help polish up the look and make it more sophisticated. The necklace fits beautifully and helps bring everything together as a proper night look, along with the leather clutch. I'd also recommend having your hair up in either a low ponytail or a bun to class things up (and if you want to give off a more relaxed vibe, make it a messy bun!).

Finally, I also want to thank them for giving me the opportunity to work with them on this little project, it was a lot of fun to come up with these looks. I hope you enjoyed this post and do let me know which of the looks you preferred!


Disclaimer: this post was not sponsored, nor are the links affiliated in any way. The opinions expressed here are both honest and my own entirely.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Adorei a ideia deste post babe! Muito útil! Eu também não sou muito de anéis, mas sou uma grande fã de brincos!

    THE PINK ELEPHANT SHOE // GANHA UM MEGA CABAZ DE FAVORITOS DA ESSENCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada! Há anos que já não uso brincos mas pode ser que volte a tentar usá-los um dia!

      Delete