BTS Makeup Essentials: All About Lashes

by - 19:06

Back To School Makeup Essentials | Lashes
Today's post is all about your lashes! They a key part of your makeup look for school and, personally, I feel like the focus of your eyes should be on your lashes, because they will make a difference. Personally, I don't feel like fake eyelashes are the way to go when you're in school or even uni, although I have heard it's a must for some girls out there. However, for most of us, fake lashes are too much for the everyday, so I'll show you the two things you need for great lashes that will draw more attention to your eyes!

Back To School Makeup Essentials | Lashes
First of all, you have to curl those lashes! You may not believe it but doing so will make a huge difference, even if you're blessed with great lashes, curling them will make them even better. Personally, I don't feel like pricier eyelash curlers are better than the cheaper ones, I own one from H&M (the golden one in the picture above) and it works wonders for me! It was only 3.99 euros and they also have it in pink or black, if that's more your style. However, I have two other options, both very affordable, that are a bit more sturdy when it comes to the grips.

The one on the left is the ELF Mechanical Eyelash Curler and the one on the right is the Sally Hansen La Cross Double Curl. They're both under 10 euros, I believe, so it's more of a personal choice than anything else. Do keep in mind to curl your lashes before applying mascara or anything else on your lashes, since using them after may rip out some of your lashes and you definitely don't want that.

Back To School Makeup Essentials | Lashes
Now, as for the absolute essential for your back to school makeup look, we have mascara. We all need it and love it and it's one of the few beauty products even young girls can wear. The type of mascara you buy depends on what you need it to do: do you want it to give volume or length? Also, it depends on what look you prefer: spidery lashes or no clumps? Depending on what you want, you can find the perfect mascara that will do everything you want for a not so high price too! Here's some options that will suit just about any taste (however, do keep in mind I like my mascaras to make my lashes look natural but amazing at the same time, so spidery lashes won't really be achieved with these mascaras, sorry).

Avon SuperFULL Mascara: from what I've seen from review online, I love the way the lashes look after using this mascara. It definitely gives you length and a bit of volume, while not looking like fake or spidery.

Essence Maximum Definition Volume Mascara: I can guarantee you this mascara is to die for. I have this and it's my holy grail, I can't leave the house without it. Not only does it make your lashes look genuinely black but without being too overwhelming for school, but it also gives them an amazing amount of extra length. I do not have the biggest lashes out there but they look so much bigger with this baby that even my mum (who does not understand or use makeup) noticed they looked a million times better and complemented me on them. I don't, however, feel like this gives a lot of volume, unlike what the bottle says. Plus, it's under 4 euros. Do I need to say more?

Maybelline The Rocket Volum’Express Mascara: this is my favorite mascara out of all the Maybelline mascaras. I personally don't like The Falsies or Colossal, they look too spidery for my taste. However, with this one, it's the perfect amount of length and volume for back to school.

Maybelline Full ‘N Soft Mascara: if you're not looking for anything too dramatic and you just want natural looking lashes but with a little bit of extra length and black, this is the perfect mascara for you! No clumps, no spidery lashes, just really beautiful looking lashes that nobody will believe you're even wearing mascara.

L’Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black Mascara: if you're looking for a mascara that will give you a ridiculous boost to the length of your lashes, this one is a gem. Not only will your eyelashes look much longer, but they will also be very dark, all for a very reasonable price. Don't go too crazy on the coats though, it may get a bit spidery if you do.

Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara: like most products in the PhotoReady line, this doesn't fail to surprise me. You don't need more than one coat of mascara to get a boost of volume and length. A little goes a long way with this one and it will definitely draw the attention to your eyes.

Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Mascara: if you have very tiny lashes, this is your best choice. The size of the brush will help you reach all your letters easily, making sure you will get the product on all of them, unlike some of the other mascaras out there with bigger brushes. This is also great for your bottom lashes!

That's all from me for today! There will only be a few more posts on this series (lips, eyesbrows and eyeshadow) and then I will probably move onto either back to school outfit ideas. Let me know in the comments below what post you'd like to see next and any other feedback you may have!

You May Also Like

0 comments