Everyday Minimalist Skin Care Routine

by - 10:00

Minimalist Skin Care Routine | Garnier Micellar Water and Garnier Moisturizer

If you're anything like me, you probably aren't as careful with your skin care as you should be, Of course, I always wash my face when I wake up, I make sure to remove all my makeup before I go to bed and all those small things that are an absolute must for me. However, I've never been one to really set a routine and stick to it, either because it simply didn't work for my skin type or because I am, quite frankly, lazy and tend to stray away from strict routines. Who has the time to apply five different products every morning and night? I'm already usually late to uni as it is, adding such a routine would only add to that.

Thankfully, I have recently found the perfect skin care routine for me, it's extremely easy to follow since it only has two "no fuss" products in it. They're also extremely affordable, so they won't break your bank! So for all of you out there like me, with no time or will to build up a strenous skin care routine, this one might just be perfect for you.

Both of the products featured in this post have been featured in my recent beauty haul (you can check it out here). And although this routine perfectly fits the needs of my very dry - sometimes flaky - skin, I'm also positive it will work for everyone's skin type, with some little tweaks here and there that I will be sure to tell you. Of course, I'm not an expert by any means, I'm simply sharing what works for me and what I believe will work for others.

Minimalist Skin Care Routine | Garnier Micellar Water

First off, I start my routine by using Garnier's Micellar Water. At 5,99€ for 400ml of product, I believe this is an amazing product that really does all it sets out to accomplish. This product has been raved about in the beauty blogging community for a while now - and after a couple of weeks of using it daily, I can clearly see why. This product is for all skin types, so you don't have to worry about it not working for you. It promises to be a makeup remover, a cleanser, and a toner all at once. It works on your eyes, lips, and face. It's also fragrance free, which is great for those of you who are thrown off by the products strong smells. Overall, it's the best cleanser I ever tried.

This takes off all of my makeup without making my skin feel tight or even drier than it already is. It doesn't burn either around my under eye area, which has been a problem for me in the past with other cleansers and makeup removers. It's gentle, but still efficient and it only takes a small amount of product to get the job done. It has also worked when I used it to take off my waterproof mascara, though I can't be sure if that was because the mascara wasn't that good or if the cleanser is just that amazing. Since it's a 3 in 1, it's a lot quicker to use in my busy mornings, so it's perfect for all of you who want something quick, but that will still do the job.

Minimalist Skin Care Routine | Garnier Moisturizer

The second, and final, step in my skin care routine is to moisturise. Since I do have very dry skin, this step is essential in my routine, and finding a decent moisturiser for a decent price has been a difficult quest, but I think I finally hit bulls eye with this little gem. Garnier's 24 Hour Hydrating Day Cream (for dry and sensitive skin, aka, the Rose Water version) is perfect for me, maybe even a little bit too perfect. It costs as much as the Micellar Water, but sadly this little jar only comes with 50ml of product. It definitely will not last as long as the Micellar Water, but I honestly wouldn't mind having to repurchase this every two months - I believe it will last me that much, from what I've seen so far.

Like with the Micellar Water, I have been using this for the past two weeks and I absolutely love it. For the first time, I have a moisturiser that actually works on my dry skin - all the others tended to leave it feeling either sticky or too tight, without actually hydrating it. I just never saw any significant change in my skin until I started using this. When I saw this may be too perfect, I mean not only did this moisturise my skin, but it left it with that dewy finish all day long, giving me a healthy glow.

I do have to admit it has left me a bit too glowy on my T zone, but that is easily fixed with some powder, so I don't think it's a con. Of course, I understand it can be a problem for some people. Overall, this is one of the best things I've ever bought and I will continue to repurchase it, unless I come across something even better at the same price - but I seriously doubt there is one out there, at least in Portuguese stores. It also has a fragrance, something that reminds me of kiwis even though everyone tells me it doesn't smell remotely close to that. It's a bit strong, but it does disappear once you apply the cream, so don't worry.

In case you don't have dry or sensitive skin, don't worry, there are alternatives! Garnier has a version of this cream for normal to combination skin, the Grape Water version. I have not tried it, of course, since it wouldn't fit my skin type, but if it is anything like the Rose Water version, it's definitely worth checking out. If you have oily skin, sadly there isn't a version of this cream that will fit you - or if there is, I couldn't find it on Garnier's website. However, they do have a different moisturiser that is specially for oily skins, that claims to provide a more matte finish, the Moisture Match 24H Mattifying Fresh Cream. Once again, I can't tell you if it will work as nicely as mine did, but I believe it's worth a shot.

I make sure to use both of these products twice a day, once in the morning and once at night time, everyday. I really do notice a significant difference in my skin, it's no longer as dry and definitely not as flaky. Plus, it saves you a lot of time that you can use to maybe have a more full breakfast, which is a lot more important in the morning than using five products in a row.

I hope you enjoyed this post, be sure to have a lovely week!

You May Also Like

0 comments