Battle of the Exfoliators

by - 14:29

Review: L'Oreal Skin Perfection Radiance Revealing Gentle Exfoliator & Beauty Formulas Vitamin E Exfoliating Facial Scrub

If we're being totally honest here, exfoliating didn't use to be a big part of my skin care routine a few months ago. I always had dry skin, which can get flaky in certain areas around winter time. I always thought it was all a matter of hydrating those areas to get rid of the dry flaky patches, until I actually read up on it and realized I might just be needing a good facial scrub every now and then. As with everything else in my collection, I tend to go for affordable drugstore products since they're the only thing in my budget. I used the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Radiance Revealing Gentle Exfoliator for months now, so I thought it was about time I shared my thoughts on it with you all. And since I recently got my hands on the Beauty Formulas  Vitamin E Exfoliating Facial Scrub, I decided to join in a comparison between these two affordable facial scrubs to help you decide on which one to try.

Starting with the L'Oreal exfoliator, it's a clear gel formula with very fine exfoliating beads. You're meant to apply in on your damp face and gently scrub everywhere, avoiding the eyes. I found it was decent enough when it came to the radiance revealing part, although it did leave a greasy feeling after using it that I didn't really like. It also felt like it dried my skin even further after each use, which isn't ideal for my skin type (mind you, it's meant for all skin types, so I suppose I can't complain too much there). I definitely agree that it's gentle, to the point where it wasn't doing enough for me, which is why I decided to buy a new exfoliator.

The Beauty Formulas one is a creamy texture, very moisturizer like, with quite noticeable exfoliating beads. They're not too big, nor too small, but they definitely pack a punch. You're meant to apply in on your damp face and gently scrub everywhere, avoiding the eyes. I think this scrub worked far better for me than the L'Oreal one. It feels moisturizing and it doesn't leave any weird feeling to the skin after use like the L'Oreal exfoliator (maybe due to it's creamy formula). Even though it claims to be a gentle exfoliator, I think that's a bold statement considering the roughness of the exfoliating beads - anyone with sensitive skin would have a hard time after using this, so I suggest you try the L'Oreal one instead. It's much less likely to damage your skin.

Overall, I think both of these are good affordable options, but they are meant for very different skin types and needs. The L'Oreal exfoliator is amazing for people with sensitive skin, if you can get past the weird feeling it leaves afterwards. It's also best for combination or oily skin, I believe, since it does dry me out a bit. As for the Beauty Formulas exfoliator, I think it's perfect for my skin type, since it both hydrates and scrubs away any flaky patches I might have. Don't be fooled by the writing on the package, this isn't gentle at all, so stay clear if you have sensitive skin or dislike harsh exfoliators.

In case you're wondering, I bought the L'Oreal exfoliator for 4.99€ at my local drugstore and I bought the Beauty Formulas exfoliator for 1€ online at Primor (and they both have 150ml).  

Have you tried any of these? Which one would you pick? As always, if you have any recommendations, don't forget to leave a comment!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beauty formulas sounds like it would be the best one for me and the fact that it's the cheapest makes it even better!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ridiculously affordable, so I definitely think it's worth a shot! I've been using it once a week for a while now and I can tell it helped with my dry patches :)

      Delete