Review: Kiko Cream Crush Eyeshadow

by - 17:01

Kiko Cream Crush Lasting Colour Eyeshadow Review

It's not everyday you come across a little gem like this at a sale, now is it? If you follow me on Instagram, then you probably remember me telling you all about how I snatched the Kiko Cream Crush Lasting Colour Eyeshadow up from their sales (it usually retails for 6.90€, but I got it for 3.40€). From all of the shades out there, the one in the best condition and that called out to me the most was the very first shade, entitled Pearly Vintage Rose. While I don't consider it a rose shade, not by a long shot, I do adore its champagne tone, which makes it the perfect everyday lid shade.

Kiko Cream Crush Lasting Colour Eyeshadow Review

On my rather fair complexion, this shades comes off as a very muted champagne shade, mostly noticeable thanks to the very fine shimmer running through rather than the actual colour pay off. Weirdly enough, that was what I liked the most about it! The fact it simply brought some light back into your eyes, while still appearing toned down enough for everyone to wear it, whether it's for school or work. It allows you to look good without seeming like you made much of an effort, which is exactly what I'm looking for in those dull mornings while I'm getting ready for work.

It also lasts very long (the longest I've worn it was for six and a half hours and it still looked fresh) and the shimmer is finely mild so you don't end up looking like a glitter ball if you over apply. You can easily layer this up for a more full on effect, and I usually apply it with my fingers. It also works beautifully as an inner corner highlighter or a very strong brow highlighter. It might even work as a face highlighter, but I have yet to try it out like so, since I already own enough highlighters as it is. But if you're looking for a great multitasking product, this is a good option.

The only downside I can point out is the fact the texture is a tiny bit greasy. It won't make my eyelids oily or anything, but I definitely wouldn't apply eyeliner on top of this shadow unless it was a powder formula.

Kiko Cream Crush Lasting Colour Eyeshadow Review

So, the real question is: would I purchase it if it wasn't on sale? Definitely! I'm not sure I'll pick up other shades, since I think this one is a real gem, and the more matte shades didn't appeal to me at all. However, if you can get your hands on this shade in particular, be sure to pick it up, even at full price. It's definitely a must for those busy mornings where you don't want to fuss but still look presentable.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's so beautiful yet so inexpensive!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is a hidden gem, worth every penny!

      Delete