How To Wear Plaid

by - 14:25


I don't know about you, but with Fall almost upon us, I'm already looking up what's new in stores and I have to say this year's Fall trends are very obvious. We've got an abundance of plaid (when do we not in the colder months?), sheer everything and lots of lace. Since I found myself unusually inspired by all of the new collections, I decided to do a little breakdown of each trend and show you some of my favorite bits from a couple of my favorite stores as well, in the hopes you can also get your hands on some of them! Obviously, trends aren't everything. I usually don't fall as hard for them as I did with these, but apparently I've gained a more sensitive/feminine side I didn't have before, because all of a sudden I'm all for lacy, sheer tops with lots of flower prints, a clear contrast from my rather minimalist style.

I've decided to start with plaid because it's one of the most easily approached trends of this season, I think. For the most part, everyone wears plaid, right ? We all have a flannel or a pajama set, which can be part of the problem when it comes to styling it. I've always associated plaid with those two, so I hardly every found a place for it in my everyday outfits. Thankfully, this year there's lots of pieces that are calling out my name and tons of Pinterest outfit inspo for me to choose from. For the most part, there's three main approaches to plaid: minimalist vibes, edgy vibes or babydoll vibes. 

For the minimalist approach, definitely look for some K-fashion inspiration, they've got so many alternatives to wearing plaid while still looking mature and effortlessly polished. 
For an edgier approach, Instagram is filled to the brim with inspo, with most indie fashion babes showing us a million different ways to look like you belong in every indie rock concert ever. 
Finally, for a softer, babydoll approach, Pinterest has a lot of options for you that will make you look like the love child of Lana del Rey and Marina Diamandis.

If you want to see all of this plaid in its full glory, check out this Pinterest album I have solely for plaid outfits, but I'll leave you with some of my favorite looks from that folder, along with some of my favorite pieces out there right now. Don't forget to let me know if you'll be jumping in on the plaid train and which way you'll be styling in the colder months to come in the comments !





You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've decided to start with plaid because it's one of the most easily approached trends of this season, I think. For the most part, everyone wears plaid, right ?
    fanny packs

    ReplyDelete