Massive Beauty Haul

by - 10:00

Massive Beauty Haul

Hello everyone! As promised, I went shopping, which I think was long due. We're close to the end of sales here on Portugal too, so I got some things at ridiculous prices and I'm so happy with everything I got my hands on. I haven't had the chance to try out all of the things I bought, but I can assure you I'll be reviewing quite a lot of them, along with swatches.
   
So, due to my usual absent minded self, I totally forgot I had to photograph all the clothes I hauled a week ago, so this post is simply for all the beauty products I purchased. A part two, which will be a massive clothing haul, will be up on the blog sometime this week, I promise! Without further ado, here's everything I bought.

Massive Beauty Haul

Moving into all the beauty stuff I got, first skin care. I've been hearing so many praises online about Garnier's Micellar Water that I had to buy one at the drugstore. It was 5,99€, which isn't a very high price for a 400ml bottle that promises to be a makeup remover, a cleanser and a toner all at once. I've only tried it once but I can already say I totally understand why it's raved about! Along with it, I decided to buy Garnier's 24 Hour Hydrating Day Cream for dry and sensitive skin. It was 5,99€, just like the micellar water, but this only comes with 50ml of product. True, from what I've seen, a little goes a long way with both these products, so I'm sure I'll be using them everyday for a long time.

Although not exactly part of the skin care section, I also bought a hand sanitiser from Primark. I've been looking for one for ages, but everywhere I seemed to go, it was sold out. I found this little gem near the cashier at Primark while my sister was shopping and I'm very glad I did! It's an essential for someone like me, who takes the tube every single day. It was only 1,99€ too, so it won't break the bank you do have to get used to the dish washing product smell for a bit, but I'm not fussy with it.

Massive Beauty Haul
Massive Beauty Haul

Finally, but definitely not less important, we have makeup! I went to Kiko, which is quickly becoming one of my favourite brands of makeup, I got a ton of stuff. This was, hands down, the store where I blew most of my budget and I have no regrets whatsoever.

I bought Kiko's Full Coverage Concealer in the shade 01 for 7,50€. You can see the shade up there in the second picture. I have been needing a concealer for ages now ever since my last one hit pan and this sounds like the perfect one for me, since my dark circles are darker than this product's packaging, no matter how many hours of sleep I get. Fingers crossed that this is as good as it promises to be.

I also bought the Precision Make Up Blender for 6,90€. As you may know, I bought another one of their makeup sponges back in December and it sadly tore after a couple of uses. I think the problem might have been the shape of the sponge, so I decided to buy a different one this time, hoping it will apply my foundation as nicely as my previous one did.

After hearing Lily Pebbles praise Kiko's Universal Fit Foundation so much, I knew I had to buy one to see what made it so amazing. At 5,90€, it was definitely a bargain and it wasn't even on sale! It claims to be hydrating, which is great for my dry skin, and the shade I got, 05 'Light Beige', seems like a good match for my skin colour. I'm looking forward to try this out first thing today!

I purchased the Velvet Touch Creamy Stick Blush in the shade 07 'Natural Rose' for only 5,50€ (it was originally 7,90€). It's a lovely pink shade that, just like the name suggests, looks very natural when blended when I swatched it. You can see the colour in the second picture and although that it looks darker than that in person, that colour on the picture looks very close to the colour of the blush once applied and blended.

Massive Beauty Haul
Massive Beauty Haul

In case Kiko's makeup blender is a dud, I also bought their 107 Face Brush for 12,90€. I've been wanting a brush like this for a long time and for this price, I couldn't really say no, now could I? It's very dense and fluffy, hopefully it will apply my foundation like a dream.

I also bought the Smoky Look Eyeshadow Pencil in the shade 04 for just 2€. I can't find it anywhere on Kiko's website, so I assume it was on sale at the store because they discontinued it and I can somewhat see why. I haven't tried this yet, but as soon as I opened it, the eyeshadow came popping out of the pen like it wasn't even remotely attached to it. Since it was just 2€, I'm not very bothered by it, but it is a bit of a bummer. Then again, maybe I just grabbed a bad batch, since the one I swapped on my hand didn't do that. Who knows? I'm still going to give it a try though, since it is a very nice dark brown shade.

Finally, I bought two lipsticks. One of them, the Smart Lipstick in the shade 918 'Classic Rose', was only 3,90€. I already owned one of these in the shade 913 'Rosewood' and I loved it, plus I had my eyes on 'Classic Rose' for awhile now. I absolutely love it, it's a very natural MLBB pink shade with quite a good amount of pigmentation, but it's still a very creamy lipstick that doesn't dry out my already dry lips. Plus it has a lovely vanilla scent that I absolutely adore.

I also bought Kiko's Luscious Cream Creamy Lipstick in the shade 502 'Pink', for 6,90. This lipstick is a bit of a cooler pink than 'Classic Rose', plus it has a finish that reminds me a lot of Mac's creamsheen lipsticks. It's a lot more glossy than the Smart Lipsticks and it isn't nearly as pigmented as the Smart lipsticks. Still, it's a lovely natural shade that I'm sure a lot of people can pull out and it doesn't leave a sticky feeling once applied. The packaging of the Luscious Cream lipstick is also a lot more elaborate and its opening mechanism is a bit funny, but I appreciate the effort to make it look more expensive than it actually was.

You can see both shades on the second picture and again my camera has a funny way of capturing shades, because the shades there look a lot closer to the colour you get once you applied the lipstick, rather than the colour in person, which looks a lot darker and with brown tones, so don't be fooled by the colour of the lipstick at the store! Always swatch Kiko's lip products while you're there, because most times the colour you see isn't the one you'll get when you put it on. All in all, they're both lovely lipsticks that I plan on wearing all the time from now on!

And that's the end of my haul post! I hope you enjoyed learning about all I bought and if you want any swatches or reviews of any of the products, feel free to request it.

You May Also Like

0 comments