On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

by - 10:00

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

I bet you were expecting a really girly outfit, weren't you? Personally, I never thought pink was a very girly colour, especially since I grew up surrounded by men who wore pink very often, while most of the women barely even wore the colour. So I decided to make today's stylespiration post all about how to incorporate pink into an outfit without sacrificing your edgier style.

First of all, you have to choose a pink piece of clothing that will be the main focus of your whole outfit. I chose this plain baby pink t-shirt from Monki (you can find it here). It's a great piece to have in your wardrobe since it's quite affordable, while still being simple enough to be paired with almost anything else. Plus, since sooner or later we'll have Spring knocking on our door, this is a great way to make your outfit a bit more adequate to the season.

You all know how much I love all black outfits, they are just so classy but badass at the same time, plus they fit anyone's style, if you know what to pair together. So to neutralise the girliness of the pink shirt, I paired it with some MOTO black ripped Jamie jeans from Topshop (you can find them here). Don't forget to add your favorite black leather jacket. I chose one from Saint Laurent (you can find it here).

I also brought in the Nike Rosherun (you can find them here) since running shoes are definitely a trend I've got my eye on and I've been dying to try out -- it just seemed to fit perfectly in this outfit, so it takes it from edgy to fashionista in a second.

Finally, accessorise it with a pair of sunglasses to crank up the badassory (I went with Ray-Ban Classic Wayfarer XL, that you can find here). To keep the pink still present in the outfit and to contrast with all the black, try adding some pink blush (I went with the NARS blush in the shade Reckless, that you can find here) or nail polish (I chose the NARS Ithaque nail polish, that you can find here).

And there you have it! A simple way to incorporate pink into your outfits without leaving your personal style behind. Since Spring is just around the corner, this is the perfect way to add a pop of colour into your regular dark colour scheme without making it too big of a change. I hope you liked this post and, as always, leave me all your feedback in the comments!

You May Also Like

0 comments