Spring's Back Alright

by - 10:00

Spring Outfit Inspiration

I don't know about you, but here in Portugal, the heat is finally coming back to pay us a visit, just in time for Spring to "officially" begin! That's why it was only fitting for today's daily stylespiration to be all about how to incorporate Spring and Winter into one outfit.

Obviously, even if the temperatures have gone up a little bit, it's certainly not Summer or anything near it. Hence why going full on short shorts and tank tops would most likely end up with you getting a stuffy nose as soon as those temperatures drop.

Personally, this time of the year is always the time I end up getting sick, mostly because I can't dress accordingly to the weather outside and not just my wishful thinking of an early Summer. Over years of trial and error, I found that the best way to dress appropriately for this season is to go light in layers but not in colours. In case you don't know, darker colours retain more heat (hence why we were always told to wear light colours in the Summer, since those don't absorb as much heat). So by wearing darker clothes, you're still keeping all the warmth on you, while wearing those beloved short shorts.

This is why I've chose this lace embellished dipped hem black shirt from Romwe (you can find it here). While the lace and somewhat cropped style gives off a more girly, Spring vibe, the colour and sleeve length will make sure you don't freeze when you realise it wasn't as warm as you expected it to be.

You can never go wrong with a floral pattern for Spring, which is why I had to include it into this outfit. This skort from Miss Selfridge is perfect for everyday, but you can easily dress it up for any occasion with the right pair of shoes and accessories (you can find it here).

As for the shoes, since it's still somewhat cold outside, booties are always a perfect choice, especially if they have cut outs like this pair from Nasty Gal (find it here). They're not as heavy as your regular black boots, but they're still appropriate for Spring.

Finally, accessories are key for Spring, hence why you need to make sure you're protected from those nasty sun rays. A pair of sunglasses is essential now that the sky is clearing up. I chose a simple pair for Mango, very affordable yet cute (find them here). A hat is optional, but I've been falling in love with them lately, and if you're anything like me, you're sick and tired of your head burning up after a few hours out under the sun. Floppy hats are a personal favourite, but any cute hat will do (I went with one from Barneys that you can find here).

I hope you all enjoyed this post and hopefully got some inspiration for this unstable weather days up ahead! I know I will struggle, but together we can make it through the season without getting those dreaded stuffy noses, I'm sure. Don't forget to leave a comment down below, I'd love to hear more from you guys, and as always, there will be a new stylespiration post up on Friday!

You May Also Like

0 comments