The Perfect Vamp Lip

by - 10:53

The Perfect Vamp Lip | Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipstick Cherry Bomb Swatches

I don't know about you, but I've always been a massive fan of a dark lip. Maybe it's my inner grunge chick talking, but there's just something about a vampy lip colour that boosts my confidence like no other. Of course, finding the right one can be a pain in our behinds, since they're either too expensive, too dark, not dark enough, or even not the right formula or finish. Finding the right dark lip can be a hassle, but it's definitely worth it in the end.

I was in a hassle myself, I searched everywhere for an affordable dark lip colour that did not dry my lips, while still giving me a matte-ish finish. I searched for it all winter long and sadly did not find it in time for the season. It just so happened that, during my birthday haul, I found an affordable lipstick in the discount section of Maquillalia - I had a couple of euros to spare, so I decided to get it on a whim. Little did I know it was the dark lipstick I've been searching for all this time.

Meet the Wet 'N' Wild Mega Last Lip Colour in the shade Cherry Bomb. Now, I know what you're thinking: can it really be that good? You bet it is! Truth be told, I did not expect much from this little gem, but it completely blew me away with how pigmented it was, while still being matte-ish on the lips, but not actually drying them either. The application is a breeze, it does not cling to any dry patches and you only need some swipes to get a nice coverage. It's quite easy to apply as well, I didn't even need a lip liner, even though I do feel like you can get even better results with one. And did I mention this baby only cost 2,99€?

Now, it's not all rosy, there is some cons to this lipstick, but they definitely do not surpass the pros. First, the packaging is quite dainty and I do feel like I have to be super extra careful not to break it in half. Yes, I might be a clumsy person, but the packaging is truly lacking a lot of sturdiness and quality, which is a shame since it's such a nice product. The second and final con is that it's not the most long lasting lipstick. I noticed it especially fades away in the center of your lips, a lot faster than it does anywhere else, so you might have to reapply it every couple of hours, which isn't ideal. Maybe if you don't lick your lips constantly like I do, it might last longer on you - but don't hold your breath during meals, it will fade away easily, but it won't disappear either.

Overall, I found my new favourite lipstick! It's a shame it waltzed into my life during summer, when a dark lip isn't exactly my "go to", but I'll still get some good use out of it during my nights out. And of course, I guarantee it will be the only thing I wear during the colder months!

That's all I have for today but I leave you with a swatch of Cherry Bomb, where you can see how nice the colour is. It's a mix between a dark red and a purple, more of a wine colour if you ask me. And in case you're wondering, that's how much coverage it gives after just one swipe.

Don't forget to leave all your thoughts in the comments and I'll see you all on Wednesday!

The Perfect Vamp Lip | Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipstick Cherry Bomb Swatches

You May Also Like

0 comments