My Go To Full Coverage Base

by - 16:20

Full Coverage Base

I'm finally back ! It took me some time but I managed to get my hands on a brand new computer charger, so fear not my friends, I'm back for good. And what better way to start the new year than with a beauty post?

Today I decided to show you what I grabbed for the most during the holidays, base wise. It's always a tough job to find something with great coverage that doesn't look cakey -- and doesn't enhance my dry patches, considering I have very dry skin. Thankfully, not only did I manage to track down some products that work really well for me, but that are also budget friendly for the most part.

Starting with foundation, I tend to reach for the Wet N Wild Coverall Cream Foundation in the shade Fair whenever I need more coverage, be it during a nasty breakout or a special occasion such as New Years Eve. It's surprisingly hydrating for such a full coverage foundation and I can definitely tell my skin feels so much more replenished after I take my makeup off. The coverage is buildable, although it's medium at the very least (I'm not so sure you can sheer this out to a light coverage, but you can try!) plus the finish is quite natural, not too dewy, not too matte. I like to apply it with my beauty sponge from Primark, because it doesn't sheer things out while blending everything into place.

If after that there's still some spots or dark circles showing through, I will either apply a second layer on those areas or reach for my trusted LA Girl Pro Concealer in the shade Porcelain. This particular shade is better for under the eyes, considering is a little bit lighter than my foundation, but I'm sure it works wonders on spots as well. I prefer to use my fingers to blend the product, since I find beauty sponges to fail miserably in blending everything out, while brushes take off some of the coverage power.

To set everything into place, I love Makeup Revolution's Pressed Powder in Translucent. It doesn't really offer any extra coverage, although I've noticed it does help lighten up foundations that are too dark on me (but it doesn't lighten the lights ones since they're a good match already). Although it's not the best longevity wise, it still manages to keep everything in place for a long time without caking up. I only have to retouch my nose area every couple of hours, but I'm oilier there than anywhere else, so it is to be expected. I quite like the sponge that comes with the powder, but I still reach for my Zoeva 107 Powder Polish brush every now and then to buff everything in.

I hope you enjoyed this post and if you want to see an in depth review of any of the products mentioned in this post, feel free to say so in the comments!

You May Also Like

0 comments