My Thoughts on Nars Sheer Glow

by - 10:30

My Thoughts on Nars Sheer Glow - Amaze In Style

I remember how excited I was when they first announced the Nars launch in Portugal. For years I've been hearing everybody and their mother rave about Nars products, be it the infamous Laguna bronzer, the Orgasm blush or the Radiant Creamy concealer. The beauty community couldn't stop raving about products I couldn't ever get my hands on without spending a ridiculous amount on shipping and taxes, so I just silently lusted after them from afar, waiting for my turn to try out all of these hyped up products.

As soon as Nars became available here in Portugal, I was instantly drawn to the Nars Sheer Glow foundation. It's no secret how much I adore trying out new foundations, they're just something I can't really live without anymore! It did take me some time to justify to myself the high price, but I purchased it anyways after finally giving a sample a shot and immediately falling in love.

Colour wise, I couldn't get my hands on what I believe to be my ideal match, Gobi, since it isn't being sold here in Portugal. However, I figured the second best match would be the colour Fiji, described as light with yellow undertones by the Nars website, which I don't really agree with. In person, Fiji actually has more neutral undertones, despite what the picture above shows, but it's nothing a little blending down the neck won't cover. I would prefer the yellow undertones, since that's what seems to work for me the best, but maybe in another time, I'll repurchase in another shade.

It's no secret in the beauty community that this foundation has quite the misleading name. It's not sheer, it's not even that glowy. For me, the coverage is medium, with a chance at being full if you double up on the layers, while the finish is quite natural — not dewy, by any means, but not flat out matte either. Overall, you'll end up looking like you just have really nice skin, since the foundation itself doesn't look heavy despite applying two thin layers. The best part for me is that it didn't cling to any of my dry patches, nor did it enhance any of my skin's texture, which is something most matte foundations do on my super dry skin.

Sheer Glow will wear all day long, for about 8 to 9 hours, with minimum fading. I do feel like it's one of those foundations where their finish improves the longer it sits on your skin. After a couple of hours of wear, I look more radiant without looking shiny or affecting the coverage. The only issue I ran across with this foundation is some of the foundation sinking into my fine lines, especially the ones on my forehead. It's nothing major, I can always fix it by tapping it away with my Beauty Blender, but I do feel like it can be a bigger issue for anybody with a lot of expression lines, so just keep an eye out for that!

Overall, I do recommend this foundation, I think it's definitely worth the splurge! It's one of the safer bets when it comes to higher end foundations, since it's matte enough to appease to oily skin while not being dry enough to keep those with dry skin away. The coverage is buildable enough to make it look natural or glam, but don't expect any light coverage here, even the smallest layer is still pretty intense. It doesn't oxidise, doesn't melt away halfway through the day and it doesn't transfer either. After trying this foundation, I'm even more excited to try out other products from the brand! I currently have my eye on their Natural Radiant Longwear foundation and their Powermatte Lip Pigment in Slow Ride and Get It On.

Have you ever tried Nars Sheer Glow? Let me know what you thought about it in the comments below!

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. i never tried anything by nars but im really curious!

    https://rrriotdontdiet.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The foundation is 100% worth it, I recommend starting there or maybe one of their mini kits they put out every now and then if you don't want to splurge right away. Or even ask for a sample of Sheer Glow, that's how I first got my hands on it back when it first launched!

      Delete
  2. Shopping for the product online will surely be of great help to you. Moreover, the bts clothes online are the best and will surely capture your attention enforcing you to make an effective purchase for the product.

    ReplyDelete